Ways to optimize the educational process at the department of obstetrics and gynecology in conjunction with the organization of training in human anatomy
Keywords:cross-cutting principle, curriculum, obstetrics and gynecology, human anatomy, educational process
AbstractTraining of students in the Ukrainian higher medical educational institutions since 2005 is carried out within priorities of the Bologna convention on ensuring comparability in the standards and quality of higher education qualifications in the European Union. In these conditions, one of the most important levers of granting quality education is programming the process of formation of professional competences by each higher education institution, which is implemented in two strategic (specification of maintenance of professional competences by results of all process of training and distribution of educational and didactic means of these competences development within a structure of educational programs) and at least one tactical (improvement of educational and methodical support to each educational module) aspects. Since 2014–2015, academic year training at the Donetsk national medical university is carried out according to new curricula, which consider the demand of optimization of distribution of a training material and tools of formation of practical abilities of medical students between educational modules on the scale of all training program. It, in turn, determines a necessity of formation of the cross-cutting program of training, both between certain clinical disciplines and in their conjunction with a set of modules on theoretical medicine. Such approach in application to knowledge and abilities on obstetrics and gynecology ideally gives the chance to create practical skills and an algorithm of clinical thinking, which are designed to provide effective diagnosis and justification of basic approaches to granting a medical care at certain pathological states in pregnant and parturient women taking into account knowledge of fundamental medicine. At the same time, the use of the cross-cutting program of training determines the large volume of each subject lesson that in the conditions of reducing the number of classroom hours, as compared to the volume of independent work of students, causes requirements to teaching certain issues, as well as forces to look for ways to optimize the educational process. One of such ways was joint development of mechanisms of teaching certain elements of a training material by lecturers of obstetrics and gynecology department and human anatomy department. In this situation, the department of human anatomy provides basic knowledge on a structure of anatomic formations, their expanded classification, and then department of obstetrics and gynecology, without stopping repeatedly on these questions, deepens knowledge and improves practical skills. So, the course of normal anatomy was strengthened due to rising of a clinical orientation of anatomic knowledge in aspects of a structure of the pelvis (definition of reference points, which are borders between large and small pelvises; studying external and obstetric conjugates, acquaintance to a pelvimeter, emphasis on the features of a female pelvis, acquaintance to platipelloid forms, types of bone connection, age features of a female pelvis). Also, joint methodical seminar of two departments was organized. Requirements to the initial knowledge for studying the module of obstetrics and gynecology, which at the same time are results of training in appropriate sections of human anatomy, were concretized within this seminar. Thus, cooperation of fundamental and clinical department gives the chance to increase the level of practical questions’ assimilation by students of older years and to optimize resources on their studying.
Болонский процесс: нарастающая динамика и многообразие (документы международных форумов и мнения европейских экспертов) / Под науч. ред. В.И. Байденко. — М.: Исследовательский центр проблем качества подготовки специалистов, 2002. — 408 с.
Болонский процесс: середина пути / Под науч. ред. В.И. Байденко. — М.: Исследовательский центр проблем качества подготовки специалистов, 2005. — 378 с.
Болонский процесс: поиск общности европейских систем высшего образования / Под науч. ред. В.И. Байденко. — М.: Исследовательский центр проблем качества подготовки специалистов, 2006. — 210 с.
Складові галузевих стандартів вищої освіти напряму підготовки 1101 «Медицина» освітньо-кваліфікаційного рівня «спеціаліст» за спеціальностями «Лікувальна справа», «Педіатрія», «Медико-профілактична справа». — К.: Міністерство освіти і науки України, 2003. — 369 с.
Copyright (c) 2017 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.