Damage Control Surgery in burn surgery with combined gunshot injuries
Keywords:battle injury, burn surgery, Damage Control Surgery
Burn injury differs from other types of trauma by the apparent lack of urgency for treatment. In order to limit physiological damage and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, the management of the burn wound must be immediate and aggressive. When associated with other battle trauma, major burn injury has a detrimental effect on morbidity and mortality, and surgical management of both aspects of a patient’s injuries are altered. The use of differentiated surgical approaches led to a reduction in complications from 23.5 to 11.8 % (p = 0.453) compared with the group, who only used the traditional tactics of one-stage elimination of all injuries.
Козинець Г.П. Сучасне визначення сепсису та септичного шоку у хворих з глибокими поширеними опіками / Г.П. Козинець, О.Ю. Сорокіна, С.В. Слєсаренко, Ж.В. Філіп // Хірургія України. — 2017. — № 1. — С. 109-117.
Нагайчук В.І. Сучасні підходи до надання допомоги хворим з опіками / В.І. Нагайчук // Мистецтво лікування. — 2010. — № 5(71). — С. 24-27.
Palmieri T.L., Jackson W., Greenhalgh D.G. Benefits of early tracheostomy in severely burned children // Crit. Care Med. — 2002. — № 30(4). — Р. 922-4.
Slutsky A.S. Non-conventional methods of ventilation // Am. Rev. Respirat. Dis. — 1988. — № 138. — Р. 175-83.
Gomez M., Logsetty S., Fish J.S. Reduced blood loss during burn surgery // J. Burn. Care Rehabil. — 2001. — № 22(2). — Р. 111-7.
Sorensen B. Management of burns occurring as mass casualties after nuclear explosion // Burns. Includ. Thermal. Inj. — 1979. — № 6. — Р. 33-6.
Ivy M.E., Atweh N.A., Palmer J. et al. Intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome in burn patients // J. Trauma. — 2000. — № 49. — Р. 387-91.
Latenser B.A., Kowal-Vern A., Kimball D. et al. A pilot study comparing percutaneous decompression with decompressive laparotomy for acute abdominal compartment syndrome in thermal injury // J. Burn. Care Rehabil. — 2002. — № 23(3). — Р. 190-5.
Mlcak R.P., Buffalo M.C. Pre-hospital management, transportation, and emergency care / Ed. by Herndon D.N. // Total Burn Сare. — WB Saunders, 2002.
Лікування поранених з дефектами тканин кінцівок / О.В. Борзих, А.М. Лакша, В.Г. Шипунов [та ін.] // Проблеми травматології та остеосинтезу. — 2015. — № 1(1). — С. 10-13.
Copyright (c) 2018 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.