Selection of the Date for Performance of Carotid Endarterectomy in Patients with Symptomatic Stenosis of the Internal Carotid Artery
Keywords:carotid endarterectomy, stroke, atherosclerosis, carotid artery stenosis
The results of carotid endarterectomy were analyzed in 239 patients with symptomatic internal carotid artery stenosis. In group 1, 68 (28.5 %) patients underwent carotid endarterectomy in the acute period — within 14 days after stroke onset, in group 2 — 171 (71.5 %) patients — 14 days after the cerebrovascular accident. When comparing complication parameters in the early postoperative period, there was observed no statistical probability. A time interval of < 14 days between the onset of acute cerebrovascular disease and carotid endarterectomy is reasonable and safe period for arterial reconstruction in patients with ischemic focus of the brain up to 2 × 3 cm in size and mild neurological symptoms. The incidence of recurrent stroke in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis, in whom a carotid endarterectomy has been performed in the acute period, amounted to 2.9 %.
Выбор оптимального метода лечения атеросклеротических стенозов внечерепных отделов сонных артерий / E.I. Levy, J. Mocco, R.M. Samuelson [et al.] // Практична ангіологія. — 2010. — Вип. 31, № 2. — С. 28-31.
Каротидная эндартерэктомия у больных с высоким хирургическим риском / А.Д. Ахмедов, Д.Ю. Усачев, В.А. Лукшин [и др.] // Вопросы нейрохирургии. — 2013. — № 77(4). — С. 36-41.
Оценка отдаленных результатов нового способа эверсионной каротидной эндартерэктомии / А.В. Яриков, В.Л. Сергеев, А.С. Мухин // Современные проблемы науки и образования. — 2015. — № 6.
Родін Ю.В. Деякі міркування судинного хірурга з приводу операцій на сонних артеріях / Ю.В. Родін // Науковий вісник Ужгородського університету, серія «Медицина» — 2012. — № 2(44). — С. 97-101.
Синдром обкрадання при патології судин дуги аорти / В.І. Русин, В.В. Корсак, Є.С. Буцко [та ін.]. — Ужгород: Карпати, 2011. — 208 с.
Carotid endarterectomy: are we meeting the teo week target? / R.V. Guest, J.M. Richards, S.C. Fraser, R.T Chalmers // Scott. Med. J. — 2009. — Vol. 54. — P. 27-29.
Early carotid endarterectomy after intravenou thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke / M.A. Bartoli, C. Squarncioni, F. Nicoli [et al.] // Eur. J. Vasc. Endavasc. Surg. — 2009. — № 37. — P. 512-518.
Naylor A.R. There is more to preventing stroke after carotid surgery than shunt and patch debate / A.R. Naylor // J. Vasc. Endovasc. Surg. — 2005. — Vol. 4. — P. 329-333.
Copyright (c) 2016 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.