Changes of Cellular Immunity Indoces in Patients with Acute Biliary Pancreatitis
Keywords:acute biliary pancreatitis, cellular immunity
Introduction. Often acute pancreatitis develops in a dysfunction of the immune system. Even so, perfectly still unclear response characteristics of cell and humoral immunity in the development of this pathology, little studied is the diagnostic and prognostic significance of immunological parameters, which in recent years have become more affordable for the needs of practical medicine.
Materials and methods. In 24 patients with acute biliary pancreatitis we performed immunophenotyping subpopulations of T-and B-lymphocytes using monoclonal antibodies. For immunophenotyping subpopulations of T- and B-lymphocytes using monoclonal antibodies CD3. CD4. CD8. SD24. SD56 (Sigma, USA), IPO-C, IPO-4. IPO-47 (Institute of experimental pathology, oncology and radiobiology named after R.Ye. Kavetsky of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
Results and discussion. We found that the overall differentiation of T-lymphocytes in the patients examined in dynamic treatments ranged from normal values, indicating a normal response of cellular immunity with purulent process in the gall bladder. When patient on admission to hospital level CD3 was not significant increased in comparison with the data of the control group 70.30 ± 8.66 % to 76.23 ± 6.34 %, which, however, could be evidence of activation of cellular immunity. After the elimination of purulent focus on 3rd — 5th day is slightly decreased in the normal range, indicating a shift from humoral immune response type. Along with this, these patients noted the increased percentage of CD8 (T-suppressor) to 38.24 ± 3.48 %, versus 32.14 ± 4.82 % in the control group p < 0.05. The level of CD4 (T-helper) was 35.41 ± 1.12%, which was significantly lower than control group 45.82 ± 6.80 %, p < 0.05. In patients treated for 3rd — 5th day observed increase in CD4. and least pronounced it was in patients admitted to hospital more than 48 hours 42.12 ± 1.76 %, p < 0.05. At the time of discharge from the hospital level of T-helper slowly approaching the performance of the control group. The level of T-suppressor cells on 3rd — 5th day far exceeded the performance of the control group 44.56 ± 3.34 %, p < 0.05 and only at time of discharge from the hospital approached normal values. The level of CD95 was significantly increased during patient on admission to hospital 7.23 ± 1.42 % against the performance of the control group 4.24 ± 1.03 %, p < 0.05. In patients treated with CD95 increased to 12.47 ± 2.08 % and did not reach the performance standards even at the time of discharge from hospital patients 8.12 ± 1.53 %. The most pronounced of these changes were in patients admitted to the hospital four or more days after onset.
Conclusion. Changes of cellular immunity indicate that activation of the immune response in patients with acute biliary pancreatitis develops in cytotoxic T-cell type, and increase the level of T-helper cells in patients treated with evidence of its reorientation on humoral immune response. Along with this, it should be noted that in patients admitted to the hospital in a few days from the onset of these processes were more delayed and had no tendency to normalization.
Імунокорекція та екстракорпоральні методи детоксикації в патогенетичному лікуванні гострого деструктивного панкреатиту / Дейкало І.М., Чепіль І.В., Левчук Р.Д. [та ін.] // Шпитальна хірургія. — 2011. — № 2. — С. 27-30
Можливості прогнозування перебігу гострого деструктивного панкреатиту із врахуванням клініко-лабораторних та імунологічних змін / О.Л. Ковальчук, А.Д. Беденюк, О.В. Олійник [та ін.] // Шпитальна хірургія. — 2011. — № 4. — С. 43-45.
Підмурняк О.О. Стан імунної системи організму при гострому післяопераційному панкреатиті після міні-інвазивних та лапаротомічних оперативних втручань на органах гепатобіліарної системи / О.О. Підмурняк // Шпитальна хірургія. — 2011. — № 4. — С. 19-23.
Shen Y. Clinical observation of immunity in patients with secondary infection from severe acute pancreatitis / Y. Shen, N.Q. Cui // Inflamm. Res. — 2012. — Vol. 61 (7). — P. 743-748.
Clinical observation of immunity for severe acute pancreatitis / Z. Liu, Y. Shen, N. Cui, J. Yang // Inflammation. — 2011. — Vol. 34 (5). — P. 426-431.
Гульмурадова Н.Т. Особенности клеточного и гуморального иммунитета у больных острым панкреатитом при воздействии низкоинтенсивного лазерного излучения / Гульмурадова Н.Т., Гейниц А.В., Зязин С.Ю. // Клиническая лабораторная диагностика. — 2012. — № 7. — С. 46-49.
Copyright (c) 2016 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.