Characteristics of Abdominal Microflora, Ozonated Physiological Saline Solution in Children Patients with Peritonitis after Appendicitis
Keywords:abdominal microflora, peritonitis, children, ozonated physiological saline solution
The paper is based on the analysis of the results of the abdominal microflora research in children with peritonitis after appendicitis and determination of sensitivity of the selected clinical bacterial cultures to antibiotics.
Purpose of work. To investigate the etiology of abdominal inflammatory process and sensitivity of the selected clinical cultures to the antibiotics in children with peritonitis after appendicitis.
Material and methods. There were examined 24 children is with peritonitis after appendicitis (11 girls, 13 boys). Among them 11 children had local peritonitis, 6 children had diffuse one, 2 children had general one, 5 children had periappendiceal abscess. The results of the research showed that in the inflammatory process in lymphatic tissue, associated with the appendix mucus membrane, a leading role belongs to opportunistic Escherichia being at a high population level that results in the microbe translocation into the peritoneal cavity.
Results and discussion. From 24 standards of exsudate of peritoneal cavity 27 bacterial strains of 10 various taxonomic groups were distinguished and identified. The analysis of continuous rate, frequency demonstrated that the leading causative agents are opportunistic Enterobacteriaceae — Escherichia, Enterobacter, Citrobaсter and Proteus. Among Enterobacteriaceae the collibacillus occurs more frequently (45.83 and 0.41, respectively), and Enterobacteriaceae — 66.67 and 0.62, respectively.
Conclusions. Uing the sanitation method within 3–5 min sterilizing is effective in contamination of peritoneal cavity with S.pyogenеs and C.albicans. There is noted the significant reduction of population level of Enterobacteriaceae — 17,9 % (from 7.15 to 5.78), Staphylococcus — 32.13 % (from 4.44 to 5.78), vulgar proteus — 33.3 % (from 6.0 to 4.0) and pseudomonade — 37.5 % (from 5.0 to 8.0). In addition the tendency to 8.8 % reduction of Escherichia (from 8.54 to 7.78).
Алиева О.А. Сорбционная способность угольно-минерального адсорбента ум-5 и его влияние на моторику кишечника в комплексном лечении разлитого перитонита / О.А. Алиева // Клінічна хірургія. — 2008. — № 9. — С. 14-16.
Послеоперационный мониторинг течения острого перитонита / О.И. Миминошвили, А.О. Миминошвили, О.С. Антонюк [и др.] // Клінічна хірургія. — 2008. — № 11–12. — С. 56-57.
Видовий склад та популяційний рівень мікрофлори червоподібного відростка, очеревинної порожнини та периферичної крові хворих на абдомінальний сепсис унаслідок деструктивного апендициту/ Сидорчук Р.І., Кулачек Ф.Г., Білик І.І. [та ін.] // Харківська хірургічна школа. — 2003. — № 4 (9). — С. 75-79.
Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain containing 2 (NOD2) variants are genetic risk factors for death and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in liver cirrhosis / Appenrodt B., Grünhage F., Gentemann M.G. [et al.] // Hepatology. — 2010. — № 51 (4). — Р. 1327-1333.
The role of virulence factors in the outcome of staphylococcal peritonitis in CAPD patients / Barretti P., Montelli A.C., Batalha J.E. [et al.] // BMC Infect Dis. — 2009 — № 9. — P. 212.
Lata J. Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: a severe complication of liver cirrhosis / Lata J., Stiburek O., Kopacova M. // World J. Gastroenterol. — 2009. — № 15 (44). — Р. 5505-5510.
Description of an outbreak of acute sterile peritonitis in Iran / Nouri-Majalan N., Najafi I., Sanadgol H. [et al.] // Perit. Dial. Int. — 2010. — № 30 (1). — P. 19-22.
Secondary bacterial peritonitis in cirrhosis: a retrospective study of clinical and analytical characteristics, diagnosis and management / Soriano G., Castellote J., Alvarez C. [et al.] // J. Hepatol. — 2010 — № 52 (1). — P. 39-44.
Riggio O. Ascitic fluid analysis for diagnosis and monitoring of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis / Riggio O.,
Angeloni S. // World J. Gastroenterol. — 2009. — № 15 (31). — Р. 3845-3850.
Susceptibility to tigecycline of isolates from samples collected in hospitalized patients with secondary peritonitis undergoing surgery / Tubau F., Liñares J., Rodríguez M.D. [et al.] // Diagn. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. — 2010. — № 66 (3). — Р. 308-313.
Copyright (c) 2016 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.