Mini-invasive Cholecystectomy Using Biological Tissue Welding in Previously Operated Patients
Keywords:cholecystectomy, biological welding
Background. Surgery still remains the main treatment for patients with calculous cholecystitis, whose number is increasing. Despite the positive aspects of laparoscopic surgery, there is still a high percentage of conversion of laparoscopic surgery in the open, and is reported in the literature 3–12 % , depending on the severity of the inflammatory process as in the gall bladder, and the severity of adhesions in patients which were previously operated on the abdominal and the pelvic organs.
The aim of the work — to study of the effectiveness of intraoperative application of the generator automatic welding of soft tissues when performing surgery for gallstone disease.
Material and methods. From the 272 patients which were operated for gallstone disease in the surgical clinic of the Faculty of Dentistry at the base of the surgical department of CCCH № 1 in Donetsk, 56 patients had been previously operated on abdominal and pelvic organs. The control was group consisted of 27 patients who underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LCE) with the use of bipolar electrocautery. 29 patients were studied group, in which the LCE was performed by using the generator automatic welding of soft tissues.
Conclusions. Making adhesiolysis with using biological tissue welding is accompanied by robust intra- and postoperative hemostasis. The using of electric welding of soft tissue and the removal of defects gallbladder in surgery opens the way forward to improve further perspectives to, simplify and improve the quality of surgical procedures performed. Without increasing the proportion of postoperative complications and mortality, it makes it possible to improve the quality of life of the patient after surgery.
Морфологические изменения в мягких тканях малого таза при гистерэктомии с использованием высокочастотного электрохирургического сварочного лигирования / Е.А. Ковальчук, Н.В. Куприенко, В.Г. Шлопов, Л.И. Волос // Питання експериментальної та клінічної медицини. — 2005. — Вип. 9, т. 2. — C. 13-17.
Патон Б.Е. Электрическая сварка мягких тканей в хирургии / Б.Е. Патон // Автоматическая сварка. — 2004. — № 9. — С. 7-11.
Ding Z. Use of Ligasure bipolar diathermy system in vaginal hysterectomy / Z. Ding, M. Wable, A.J. Rane // Obstet. Gynaecol. — 2005. — № 25 (1). — Р. 49-51.
Copyright (c) 2016 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.